HEALTH CONCEPTS INC. / TONI LUND 1247 Lizzie Lane,
St. George, UT 84790 (435) 673-3855
TERESA SCHUMACHER (435) 673-8848
Greetings from Sunny St. George, Utah. it has been short sleeves and shorts for most of the winter. It has been unusually warm this year, not only in our area but over most of the United States. I am sure we will have a rush of bad weather before it is all over. Thankfully, we have not heard much about the flu.
With warmer weather we seem to have fewer colds and flu, which is a good thing. Of course it is always a good idea to work at keeping our immune system at its peak. AIM BarleyLife, BarleyLife Extra and LeafGreens can help you to accomplish that. Besides my Herbal Fiberblend I take a combination of all
three every day. I have always been one of those people who push the bar when it comes to my health. As a kid I can remember running outside in the snow barefoot. Mother always said I’d catch a cold. Never did. The other night we were taking a sauna at her house and I insisted in going home (3 doors away)
without showering and drying off. It was night time and it was chilly. No problem, I am fine. Maybe I just have good genes, but I feel my immune system is pretty good. Rarely do I get sick. Actually, I would like to be sick once in a while so I’d have an excuse to lay in bed all day. I am really grateful for my good health and whether it’s my genes or because I keep my immune system in good shape with good food or supplements, I am truly grateful. It’s going to be short and sweet this month. Enjoy,
Teresa & Toni
“Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.” Erma Bombeck
The next two articles came from the Reader’s Digest with a couple of notations from me.
The Diabetes 11
Based on the latest research gathered by the American Diabetes Association, there are 11 best foods for fighting this disease.
They’re all rich in calcium, potassium, fiber, magnesium, and vitamins A, C, and E – the nutrients that appear to pack the most punch. 1. BEANS 2. DARK LEAFY GREEN 3. CITRUS FRUIT 4.
SWEET POTATOES 5 BERRIES 6. TOMATOES 7. FISH (choose cold-water fatty fish, such
as salmon, the kind high in omega-3 fatty acids).
8. WHOLE GRAINS 9. NUTS 10. ALMOND MILK 11. NATURAL YOGURT (no sugar)
Were you aware, if you have TYPE 2 Diabetes you can level your blood sugar by taking AIM Herbal Fiberblend? Fiber helps to prevent the spikes in blood sugar levels. It is best to take it
twice a day to keep your blood sugar levels stable. Also AIM GlucoChrom is a unique combination of trace minerals and herbs that increases the effective actions of insulin and helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates and fats.
* Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
* Increases lean muscle mass and lowers body weight
* Promotes beneficial effects on blood, cholesterol and triglyceride levels
* Helps maintain a
“The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.”Albert Einstein 1879-1955,
“I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness.”
Mother Teresa 1910-1997
Rough up your diet
The No. 1 foodstuff for lowering cholesterol is soluble fiber – it reduces the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine. One study showed that people who eat a high-fiber diet have about a 30 percent lower risk of heart disease than people who shun the stuff. Bonus: A fiber-rich diet will probably reduce your
waistline, too, because these foods fill you up. Oatmeal, apples, barley and sun-dried plums (also known as prunes) are all soluble superstars. AIM Fit’n Fiber and AIM Herbal Fiberblend are also great ways to increase your fiber intake.
How to Live to Be 100
Sure your genes have something to do with your life span, but the doctors we spoke to agreed that you can make a big dent in your risk of chronic disease by doing 12 simple things. What’s more, the following checklist isn’t just a prescription for living long; it’s your ticket to living well.
1. Stop smoking. Four years after doing so, your chance of having a heart attack falls to that of someone who has never smoked. After years, your lung cancer risk drops to nearly that of a nonsmoker.
2. Exercise daily. Thirty minutes of activity is all that’s necessary. Three ten-minute walks will do it.
3. Eat five servings of produce daily. AIM BarleyLife, BarleyLife Xtra and LeafGreens will help meet
4. Get screened. Get the health screenings recommended for your stage of life.
5. Get plenty of sleep. For most adults, that means seven to eight hours every night. If you have a
tough time turning off the light, remember that sleep deprivation raises the risk of heart disease, cancer,
6. Ask your doctor about low-dose aspirin. Heart attack, stroke, even cancer – a single 81 mg. tablet
per day may fight them all.
7. Know your blood pressure. It’s not called the silent killer just to give your life a little more drama.
Keep yours under 120/80.
8. Stay connected. Loneliness is another form of stress. Friends, family, and furry pets supply vitamin F.
9. Cut bact on saturated fat. It’s the raw material your body uses for producing LDL, bad cholesterol.
10. Get help for depression. It doesn’t just feel bad; it does bad things to your body. In fact, when
tacked onto diabetes and heart disease, it increases risk of early death by as much as 30 percent. AIM
Composure and AIM BarleyLife can help you have a brighter outlook on life.
11. Manage stress. The doctors we surveyed say that living with uncontrolled stress is more
destructive to your health than being 30 pounds overweight. AIM Composure helps to reduce your stress
12. Have a higher purpose. As one physician advised, “Strive to achieve something bigger than
yourself.” By giving back, you give to yourself.
“There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” Nelson
Mandela 11th President of South Africa ********
“What we have done for ourselves alone, dies with us; what we have done for others and the world, remains and is immortal.”
Albert Pike 1809-1891, Teacher and Writer