3. NATURAL CHLOROPHYLL: Chlorophyll, which is solar energy captured for human consumption, is a result of plant photosynthesis. Its molecular structure is almost identical to blood hemoglobin (Hgb). The primary difference is the nuclei-the nucleus of Hgb is iron, and the nucleus of chlorophyll is magnesium. Chlorophyll rids the body of dead cells, reduces or eliminates bad breath, helps age spots disappear, aids in wound healing, disinfects the body, and builds the blood. Chlorophyll is a detoxifier and cleanser for the body. Chlorophyll also removes carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, the by-products of respiration and pollution, from the body.
4. WIDE SPECTRUM OF VITAMINS AND MINERALS: BL is bursting with nutrition! It contains at least 16 vitamins, 11 major minerals and 60 trace minerals. These include potassium, calcium, magnesium, Iron, copper, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, beta-carotene, B1, B2, B6, C, folic acid and pantothenic acid. BL contains 11 times the calcium in cow’s milk, 7 times the calcium found in an equivalent weight of raw spinach and 15 times the calcium found in an equivalent weight of raw broccoli and 2 times the beta carotene in an equivalent weight of raw carrots.
5. WHOLE BALANCED FOOD: The real power of BL, a whole food concentrate, is found in the combination of its many nutrients. BL is as close to its natural state as possible and supplies nutrients in natural proportions. This is what attracted Dr. Yoshihide Hagiwara, the creator of BL, to barley—a vision of totality—not individual pieces. “BarleyLife. should not be recognized by discussing the amount of its vitamins and minerals. The era of focusing on a single vitamin or mineral is gone…much more attention is being focused on biological phenomenon.”
6. HIGH AMOUNT OF AMINO ACIDS (PROTEIN): BL contains a wide spectrum of amino acids necessary for our body’s health. BL has twice the protein of hamburger by weight without the cholesterol and fat. Many professional athletes use BL for the stamina and strength it gives them.
7. RICH STOREHOUSE OF LIVE ENZYMES: Enzymes are not found in cooked or processed foods. We need to trust the “Master Chemist” who knew what he was talking about when He said “eat the green plants” (Genesis 1:29-30). BL also contains unknown nutrients. We know there are hundreds of live enzymes in BL, yet we’ve only been able to isolate around 30 of them in a laboratory. We know BL contains digestive enzymes, anti-inflammatory enzymes, and toxin-neutralizing enzymes. There are hundreds of enzymes in BL whose function is yet to be discovered. Enzymes are the body’s spark plugs. They supply the spark needed for essential chemical reactions in our bodies. Without this spark and chemical reaction, we would be helpless; a bag of bones, unable to walk, talk, blink or breathe. Studies show cells have a barrier, which vitamins cannot pass through unless they are piggybacked on a live enzyme. We are all born with a storehouse of enzymes. But over time we use up more than we take in, so the storehouse eventually depletes. One important enzyme found in BL, Super Oxide Dismutase (SOD), has been the subject of significant research. The aging process has been directly linked to decreasing amounts of SOD in our system. Increasing our intake of SOD helps our body repair itself more quickly. The enzyme, SOD, is a powerful antioxidant thought to slow the rate of cell destruction by providing a defense against free radicals, especially the most prolific free radical, superoxide. Superoxide free radicals are thought to be responsible for the breakdown of synovial fluid that leads to the inflammatory response in joints. Much of the current clinical research on SOD is focused on arthritis, bursitis, and gout. Low levels of SOD are also associated with cataracts and other degenerative diseases. BL is rich in SOD. In addition, it is believed SOD helps the body use zinc, copper and manganese more effectively.
8. CANCER FIGHTING ENZYMES: An enzyme called P4D1, isolated in a laboratory in California in the 1980’s in Barley juice. P4D1 was found to do two things in the human body. It is the first known substance to actuallystimulate repair of the DNA molecule. It is possible that disease cells can be repaired with P4D1 so that when they reproduce they will actually produce good cells. P4D1 has also been shown in laboratory tests to eat the protein sheath off a cancer cell so that the white blood cells can attack and destroy them.
2. HIGH ALKALINITY: Our cells and blood can’t function well unless the body’s pH (which measures acidity and alkalinity) is kept around neutral. (7.0) Research shows when we’re acidic, we’re susceptible to disease. Allergists find most people with severe allergies are acidic. Meat, dairy products, sugar, and refined and processed foods cause the body to become acidic. A diet of 10-80% raw fruits & vegetables maintains an alkaline environment. BL balances the negative effects of acid-forming foods.